Official version of froyo available
This guide is to demonstrate howto flash OS using ODIN, for this you need to have TAR package for your phone’s OS.
Download ops file.
First of all Keep phone fully charged.
1) Install latest Kies for updated drivers.
2) Backup your phone data.
3) Factory reset phone *#*#7780#*#* Or Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset
4) Start Odin Downloader.
Select OPS File i.e apollo_0531.ops
Select One package i.e ???????.tar
5) Remove SD & SIM to avoid phone hanging during flash.
6) To Choose Forced Upload by Key Pressing, switch off phone, while switching on press Volume UP + Home + Power Button.
7) Connect your phone to pc using usb cable.
8) Com port will appear in COM Port Mapping
9) Click on Start
Now your phone will switch to downloading mode & Flashing of new ROM will complete in 4-5 minutes.
You can disconnect usb once you are able to unlock your phone.
This is all, now your phone should be running newly flashed OS
for any reason if phone is not functioning properly, do factory reset. you can use following key combinations.
Volume up + volume Down + home + power
if you find any missing point in here, please let us know in comment section or tweet us at @linuxreaders. To get more articles like this, subscribe to our RSS feeds / Mails.